Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Never a Regular Day

This week was the last week of the transfer here in Parque Liceo. Elder Gomez and I will be staying for six more weeks here together. This week was pretty great. One lesson that I got to relearn this week is that everyone deserves to hear the gospel and we can´t judge who will listen just by looking at them or the situation that they are in. This week I had the chance to preach the gospel on a muddy road in the rain to people living in cement block houses, contact a man and get invited into his house to look at the paintings his wife had made before passing away, give some words of comfort to a man drinking wine who wanted to know why so many terrible things happened in the world, and talk about the first vision with some kids who came up to us wanting to hear the mickey mouse impression of my companion. There is never a regular day in the mission field and I love it. This week, after talking to that man who was drinking, I commented to my companion how awesome it is to be a missionary and be recognized as a messenger of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I know that everyone needs the gospel of Jesus Christ. And how do I know that they need it? Because they live in the world. The twisted and unforgiving and dark and uncertain world that we live in needs to anchor itself to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the only true constant that we have.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matthew 7:7)
Elder Lulich   
I came out a little crazy in this picture, but these are the sons of Mabel Robles, one of the members in our ward. Their names are Andres and Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment