Monday, November 23, 2015

Preparing for Christmas and Attending the Temple

They haven´t decorated yet for Christmas here in Argentina. And I haven't really seen any Christmas-themed things in stores yet. It's a little weird to have a warm holiday season. The tradition here in Argentina for Christmas is to stay up until midnight on the 24th and open all the presents then. I've heard that they set off fireworks too. I think that we are going to have permission to stay up until midnight on Christmas, but I'm not exactly sure. On the 14th of December we're going to get together as all of the missionaries in Cordoba and have a talent show and conference that's going to be a lot of fun. 
This week I went to the temple for the first time here in Argentina. I listened to the session in Spanish and it was great because I understood everything. Since the temple is still new there are about 4 senior missionaries from the united states and the parents of a sister missionary were in the session too, so I also got to hear quite a bit of English there too. But the language spoken doesn't really matter (as long as I understand it) because the spirit is exactly the same. Going to the temple really helped me see, once again, the bigger picture of what this work is really about, and how I can fill my role as a messenger of God.
Thank you for all the support that you give me. It´s good to see that you´re all having fun. I love you all.
Tyler       
Just enjoying a nice pebete (sandwich).



No comments:

Post a Comment