Monday, November 9, 2015

Like a Big, Sweaty Blanket

It´s been raining here, and the heat of spring has started. This morning when we left to do our shopping the humidity was like a big sweaty blanket in the air...mmm. 
Something that the mission president has said is that faith is a Heavenly gift and requires sacrifice. When we make a sacrifice and go beyond what we would naturally do we we exercise our faith and there by increase it. President explained this to us with the story in Luke 17:5-10. Our president is a pretty inspired man. He has a special way of explaining the gospel. It´s even better being able to listen to him now that I understand everything he says. ha ha.  A favorite scripture of this week is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
If there´s one testimony that I can give of the mission it´s that I am able to see how the hand of the lord can take something weak and inapt and turn it into something capable of great things. I know that when we forget our own pride and work to fulfill the will of the Lord he will help us do whatever he sees fit. He doesn't want us to remain the same as always, in His mercy He gives us each day as an opportunity to improve. A lot of times I think to myself, "Am I taking advantage of this opportunity?" Thinking about how desirous the Lord is to help me improve and how unappreciative that I must seem when I don´t put in my part really helps me always try to do my best. The mission is the best place because it gives me the structure to really recognize what I can do better and the chance to change. 
I hope you all have a great week
Elder Lulich   


No comments:

Post a Comment