Monday, August 31, 2015

English Class

This Thursday we got to teach an English class for a Sister in our ward. She is an English teacher in a local school and she invited Elder Garrett and I to come in and give a little presentation. We taught about 60 students, all in their senior year.
Because the presentation was in a public school we weren't able to talk about the Gospel, but we invited them all to the class that we teach in the church, so we'll see if that goes anywhere. It was pretty wierd for me to be in a high school again, especially playing the role of teacher. After the presentation, we mingled with the highschoolers and answered the other questions they had. We both felt pretty famous because everyone wanted to take selfies with the two gringos with blue eyes.   
This week has been pretty hot. I´ve already got a pretty funny tanline from the high collar of my dress shirt. Technically spring is just starting, but we´ve already had a few days of 80+ degree weather. And the people here say that it's just going to get hotter as we get into summer. So that´s something to look forward to (weak cheer).
Me and my companion were pretty sad at the end of the day yesterday because we weren't able to get any investigators to come to church. I know that I've got to respect the choices of the people, but at the same time it makes me sad to see that people don´t want to make a commitment with the Lord. But now Elder Garrett and I are more determined than ever to improve ourselves as missionaries, so that the people can understand even better the important message we share. 
CuĂ­densen 
Elder Lulich

No comments:

Post a Comment