Monday, August 10, 2015

Zone Conference and Reunions

The conference this week was so awesome. I learned a ton and I got to see my old companion Elder Mendoza and ask about how things are going back in Santa Isabel. This week we´ve also been preparing a youth to be baptized. She is the friend of some of the young women in the ward and is super ready to be baptized. It made me super happy to hear her tell us during one of our visits of how she´s been doing nightly prayers with her mom. Her mother is also an investigator of ours, but needs a little more time to progress. I´m sure the baptism of her daughter will help her a lot. This week between the zone conference and CDs about missionary work that I got from my grandpa I´ve also been learning about how to ask effective questions, questions that really get the investigators to open up with us. Now in my missionary I´ve got the teaching part down, but what´s just as important as teaching is making sure that the investigator understands and feels the message. So I´ve been asking a lot more questions about the feelings of the people. "and how does it make you feel to know..." "how do you feel when..." and stuff like that. It make seem silly but I sure have seen a difference in my teaching and in the way that the investigator receives the message. This work is making me stretch in ways that I never thought I could. And I think that the best part is that I am bettering myself for other people. I am trying to improve every day so that the people here in Argentina can have the missionary that they need to be able to comprehend, feel, and act upon the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When it´s done for others the work is so much sweeter. 
Have a great week! 
Elder Lulich
I saw Elder Mendoza at the conference. If it looks like he's not happy in the photo it's because he's a little sassy and it took some convincing for me to get a picture with him. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment