Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Good Friend

Yesterday I found out something quite tragic. We hadn't heard much from Carlos Palacios since he was baptized on November 30th. Remember how I said that he was super sick the day of his baptism? Well he didn't make it to church that Sunday to be confirmed because he hadn't gotten better and was confined to his bed. Before the next week his family from the providence next to us, Tucuman, took him over there to take care of him. We tried to keep in contact with him, but after a while the phone just didn't get answered. Yesterday we went by his house to see if he had returned. His friend answered the door and when I asked if Carlos was home he gave me the bad news that Carlos had passed away on the 19th. Apparently he had been suffering from a kidney infection. 
I am super sad to hear that Carlos has passed on. Even though I only knew him for a little over a month I got to see that he was a great person. He lived alone and far away from the rest of his family, but he always had friends in his house. He was always helping others. We once brought the children of an someone we were teaching to church and Carlos met them there. The kids were from a very humble family. Later Carlos got together a big bag of clothes that were the kids sizes and gave it to us to take to them. He really worried about others.  

here is a scripture that really brings me peace right now 
 "Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body... are taken home to that God who gave them life.


Like I said I didn't get to know Carlos perfectly, but i know that right now he is not suffering any pain. i know that he did not just disappear, but he´s just in another place, probably listening to the missionaries over there too. It´s sad to know that i can´t visit him for a while, but I´m sure I´ll be able to see Carlos again. 

I´m so grateful for God´s perfect plan. He doesn't forget about a single one of His children. No good thing that we do here in our lives goes unseen by him. and one day we will receive our recompense. 
Elder Lulich

No comments:

Post a Comment