Wednesday, December 14, 2016

El Dia de la Virgen

Some happenings of the week. 
On the 8th it was the day of the Virgin. I don´t know if it was a worldwide thing or just in Catamarca but there were a ton of people who came to walk in the procession. And they pretty much filled up the city. Catamarca is a center for those devoted to the virgin because there is a patron virgin of the city and has to do a lot with the religious culture here. We don´t worship the Virgin, but we work with the people who do. Out of curiosity we went to the main plaza before heading back to the pension that night. There were SO many people. Streets that we usually walk down normally were so full that we had to scoot by people. I was afraid that someone would be trampled. But finally we made it to the plaza. My comp even saw someone there that he had met in Córdoba. It was pretty crazy.
Also this week we were able to participate in giving the Aaronic priesthood to Jesus the recent convert. It´s really cool to see how he´s been progressing. I really believe that he will stay firm in the gospel.


Here´s a totally fake picture that we took. But it turned out pretty well. I guess this is what we usually look like when we walk down the street... Except in this photo we were down in one of the huge drainage canals that the city has.
Also an explanation of the weird picture. I have a hot water thing for mate on top of my head with a knee brace. I was able to serve a mate like that. Now that´s skill, or an obsession... who knows? 
Then the other picture is of today when we played regular football, and then a little bit of rugby... 
which is a lot harder than it looks.
Anyway I hope you guys are doing great! 
Lots of love! 
Tyler  

No comments:

Post a Comment