Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Baptism and Burnt Banana Bread

Just a little announcement now the p-day has been changed to Tuesday. So I´ll be writing my letters on Tuesday now. 
This week was pretty hectic, with lots of trips to Córdoba for exchanges with the other Elders in our district on Thursday, and the zone leaders on Friday and Saturday. Sunday we had the baptism of Mirta and Paula, a mother and daughter. It was super special. Mirta especially was so grateful for the chance to be baptized. 
Just a fun story from this week. Sometimes I can be a kind of light minded person. What some would even call an airhead. It´s because of the blonde hair... But on Wednesday night we saw evidence of this. I decided Wednesday night to make banana bread for lunch with some investigators the next day. But I guess I started to make it a little late because my body went on autopilot and I ended up getting ready for bed and falling asleep... with the banana bread still in the oven. When I woke up on Thursday I took a shower and was getting ready for the day. It wasn't until Elder Jackson asked me, "are you cooking something?" that I realized that the banana bread was still cooking. *GASP* I took it out and it was perfectly cooked! Nah kidding it was basically a piece of charcoal. Luckily the apartment didn't burn down and we were able to make another banana bread before lunch. This whole week when we entered in the apartment we were greeted with a smell of melted butter. I learned my lesson pretty easily- banana bread is EVIL.
I hope you guys have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment