Wednesday, April 6, 2016

High Grace

This first week in Alta Gracia was great. Alta Gracia is a beautiful city about 30 minutes outside of the capital. It´s a bike area, but this week we just got around walking because the bikes needed  to be repaired, and I´m alright with that because this area has a lot of hills. My new companion Elder McCleve has been introducing me to the area this week. He is from California and has about 8 months in the mission. He´s pretty funny, and always has a lot of energy. And he plays the guitar like a champ. 
I am really looking forward to working in this area. The members that i have met until now are super nice and I can tell that they treat their missionaries very well. This week one of the members of the ward introduced us to a part-member family. The mother told us that she was baptized 47 years ago and that almost all of her children were also baptized. We were able to talk with her and with one of her daughters and her boyfriend. The couple had just had their first child about 10 days earlier and we had the chance to talk with them a little bit about eternal families and invite them to conference. On Sunday we were very happy to be there with the couple and the mom there in the church watching conference. I hope this new family is able to progress well. 
And conference was spectacular. This time around I tried more than ever to apply the talks to me and my present situation. For example when I heard Elder Ballard speaking about the importance of family councils I thought of my new position as district leader and how I needed to have councils like the ones he spoke of with the missionaries in my district. Applying the talks like that really helped me pay attention and get a lot more out of what was said.
Have a good one! take care! 
Elder Lulich 

No comments:

Post a Comment