Monday, May 11, 2015

Miracles from the Temple

Well yesterday was mother´s day and we got to talk to our families so that was pretty awesome. I must say that I miss those guys. But don´t worry, I´m not moping around staring at pictures of my family just yet.
This week one of our investigators got baptized. WOOP WOOP! This girl is the girlfriend of a less active member. It´s been really cool seeing that as she has come to know the gospel, her boyfriend has also become active in the church. Now that she is baptized, they just got to get married and keep on helping one another out. I have the faith that they can do it!
Us with Rocio
Elder Mitchell and Elder Gonzalez had an investigator that got baptized too
On Tuesday we did exchanges within the zone and I got to stay in my area. I always get nervous to be in exchanges because I feel like I have to show off my area and I don´t want to let my companion for the day down. This exchange went pretty well. One of the plans for the day was to contact a less active sister in the ward. I had never met this member so I didn´t really know what to expect. We ended up finding the non-member husband outside the house. While we were talking to him he told us that he had gone to the temple open house with his wife. We asked him how he liked it and he told us a pretty cool story. During his temple tour there was a part where the guides invited everyone to be silent and say a personal prayer. He said that he prayed to be able to buy a car that he had been trying to get for a long time. Apparently there were only like 50 of these cars in all of Argentina and his friend had one, but wasn´t going to sell it. But he said his prayer and among other things asked God to help him get this car. And, what do you know, about two days later he was able to buy the car! So when we came by to talk to him he told us that since God had kept up his part of the promise he was going to fulfill his and receive the missionary lessons. We've already been able to go back a second time to his house and taught the first lesson. We´ll see where it goes from here! 
But all in all things are great here. I´m getting along well with my companion (most of the time). And I´m starting to really love the members of this ward. I actually wouldn't mind too much if I had to stay a while longer in this ward.
I hope you all told your mother´s you love them yesterday. And I hope you show just how much you love them today! 
Ciao! 
Elder Lulich
We went to a giant park in the middle of the city today for p-day. it reminded me of the Golden Gate Bridge park in San Francisco



No comments:

Post a Comment