Monday, March 14, 2016

Learning to Be Humble

So this p-day I got to do something that I've wanted to do for p-day my whole mission. PLAY PAINTBALL. And it was preeeeetty fun. We went as a group of forty missionaries so there was plenty of people to shoot at and/or be shot by which always makes it more fun right? 
This week I was really able to see how the lord can give us specific direction on how to improve if we are humble and seek the improvement. On Tuesday we had a lesson with Jesica (it´s actually spelled with a j not a y) and a member present. The member has recently returned from her mission so after the lesson, figuring that she would be able to give good advice, I asked what we could have done better in the lesson. She surprised me by asking if we had practiced the lesson that morning. We had planned what we were going to share but we did not practice exactly how we were going to share it. The next day, Wednesday I received the same message from Presidente Alliaud at our multi-zone conference. He told us all that even if we hate doing practices of the lessons, it shows our love for the investigator and we are promised the guidance of the spirit during those lessons. I got the message loud and clear, DO PRACTICES. So Elder Fantham and I have set the goal of doing at least one practice each morning for a lesson of the day. 
It´s great to feel the hand of the Lord in your life. Even if that hand is turning your head so that you´ll notice something that needs improvement. All we need to do to be better is be humble. Be humble enough to ask what needs to be done and then be humble enough to actually do it. None of us is perfect and we have all fallen short of the glory of God, but if we seek the Lord and try our very best to do his will, he can purify us and help us make it where we want to go.
Good luck this week in all you do. Con cariƱo.  
Elder Lulich
P.s.
I´m sorry I haven´t been sending photos. I seemed to have misplaced (that´s the fancy way to say lost) the cable that connects my camera to the computer. I think I left it in the computer place we went to 2 weeks ago. If I don´t find it, there are other ways to get photos from a camera into a computer so I´ll figure it out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment