Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week One

It's real now, I'm a missionary. I have my own name tag and everything. Woo hoo. I'm not in Argentina yet. I'm at the MTC (missionary training center) in Provo, Utah. Honestly I'm not really sure when I'm going to be going to Argentina. I'm in the advanced Spanish class here thanks to my Woodburn, OR upbringing. Since I'm in the advanced class I should be leaving on the 9th of February. However I don't think my visa has gone though or something because all of the official papers and stuff that I've been getting all say that I'm leaving the 9th of March. So yeah I'm not sure. I hope that I am able to leave this next week though. The MTC is a special place, I can feel the spirit everywhere I go, but I can't wait to get into the field. I have two companions here at the MTC: Elder Black and Elder Clayburn. They're pretty great, but it is different to have to spend every hour of every day with two other people. It's something I have to get used to. 
I have learned a ton in this past week. Most of my learning has been about how to teach by the spirit. As a missionary, my job is not to be a lecturer. I have realized that I cannot depend on my own knowledge to be a great missionary. I got to teach an "investigator" my third day here. It was actually my teacher acting as an investigator, but it felt real. It was pretty difficult. I didn't know how to greet him. I didn't know what to ask him about his life. I didn't know anything. But that's what the spirit is for. I'm not going to Argentina to teach people why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the best church. I'm going there to teach them how, if they come to Christ, through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, that He can take away their pain and help them live up to their divine potential. 
Our District
Elder Clayburn and I, super focused in class.



No comments:

Post a Comment